Monday, June 17, 2013

touching heaven

for a few moments tonight i touched heaven.

the baby woke up and wanted some snuggles. i took him to the hubby's and my bed and we snugged. then when he didn't want to snuggle anymore he rolled around the bed and all over me. this is his new routine to help himself fall back asleep. he rolls into one position for a few minutes, lays there, awake, pondering i guess, then rolls into another position.

i took the opportunity to study and admire his perfect little feet while they were in my face, and remember when he was first born. i memorized the lines that groove his footprint, and imagined the grown man's feet they would become one day.

i let myself soak in the precious moments of his little-ness.  he won't be small for long, and these moments i will never have again. i let myself be still with him. what a funny boy.

when i thought he was asleep, i excused myself quietly from the bed. he awoke and stared at me. hoping i could get him back to sleep fast, i quickly laid myself back on the edge of the bed, my back to him.

i turned just as i saw him crawl towards me and then roll over me, settling for a declined position with his feet resting on my hip.

i touched heaven tonight, because of my baby boy.

i am grateful to be a mother.

37 weeks - brand new from the hospital

about a month old

No comments:

Post a Comment